Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Office....how...now I Love you!

Okay so you may not know this but I LOVE The Office! It is one of my favorite shows and I just feel so happy watching it....but it is not only due to the HIlarious content, but also what I associate the show with...now

Michael: "Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

You caught that now, now didn't you? Hear is the deal with the now....my freshman year of college I went on this weirdo date with a friend of a friend. We went to dinner (to be honest I don't remember where...tells you how awesome it was now doesn't) and the whole time he didn't talk to me much, so I tried to make conversation and noticed a couple sitting near us, they were in their late 70s, and I said how cute that couple was and then he said watching other people was weird and that I should keep my nose in my own business (great start) and then we went to his house to watch a movie...but he couldn't find a movie so he put in an episode of The Office....now at that time, I hadn't really gotten into The Office that much but I was looking forward to laughing at least once that night (he wasn't funny either).

Phyllis: My FAVORITE! 
"I know Sue...she's not that great. You know her husband's in a wheelchair right?"

So he put in the episode and the first funny moment he started slapping his knee laughing! Like people do to make fun of someone who laughs really hard, but he actually laughed like that. I thought it was not that big of a deal, and just let it go..but then it got worse! He started slapping MY KNEE! Just like when something funny happens or someone makes a funny joke and you *nudge* the person next to you because they are like the joke being told...or you both know someone like who the joke is about...well that is what he was doing, except slapping my knee! It was ridiculous!
                                      
Okay so it may not be that big of deal, but he was a weirdo 
guy anyway, so that was just an added downside.


Anyways, so until last year, I had always thought of that horrible date when I watched the office...but then I started watching it with my man....and now I associate The Office with my man. Who doesn't hit me when he laughs, or slaps his knee, or my knee, talks to me when we go out to eat, and people watches with me...yeah I am spoiled :) I just thought I would share this little story because there was an Office marathon on TV tonight; and it made me remember how lucky I am to have The Office in my life....and my man of course! We go so well together and I am very lucky to have in my life, he makes me smile and he makes me so happy, just like The Office! 
We complement each other...just like Dwight and Michael :)

(maybe I should have chosen Pam and Jim...
but come on Michael and Dwight are my favorite couple on the show)


Dwight:  "I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years, and we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart, you're gonna get a bullet in your head, courtesy of Butch Cassidy."







No comments:

Post a Comment