Wednesday, March 23, 2011

time is flying....

So I was listening to an old mix CD from my friend Taylor, and it had some Nickelback songs on it, yeah yeah I know...they are not that great and always sound the same and actually a lot of their songs are about bad stuff...
but this one song had a great message. The song is called Never Gonna be Alone, and I doubt it was their purpose but it makes me think of my relationship with God. And maybe he was singing some of it to me and I to him. 

In the first verse the song talks about keeping this feeling bottled inside, even though time is flying by, you have to let the person know how much they mean to you: that is me, telling God, even though I don't always acknowledge how blessed I am and how lucky I am to have a God who loves me so much, I do know. 

Then the second verse says, "And now, as long as I can, I'm holding on with both hands, 'Cause forever I believe that there's nothing I could need but you," again I am finally realizing how much I need God in my life...and he is truly the only thing I will ever need, everything else is just a bonus he is the necessity! 

Then finally, the 3rd verse is what I am trying to install in my life so much right now! Living each day for the day, not worrying about things that could happen or what I need to do, but enjoying each day as a great blessing! 

Each chorus is my God saying to me, no matter what happens he will be there. Nothing will change that, he will catch me when I fall and always love me no matter what I do! He forgives me every time I let him down, and he will always lift me up and hold me in his arms, because he is my father! He will always love me! 

I hope you can find messages like these in your everyday life..because things like this are small little signs God is everywhere in your life! 

V1: Time, is going by, so much faster than I,
And I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you.
Now I'm, wondering why, I've kept this bottled inside,
So I'm starting to regret not telling all of this to you.
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know...


You're never gonna be alone
From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,
I won't let you fall...
You're never gonna be alone
I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.


V2: And now, as long as I can, I'm holding on with both hands,
'Cause forever I believe that there's nothing I could need but you,
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know...


You're never gonna be alone
From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,
I won't let you fall.
When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on.
We're gonna see the world out,
I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.


V3: Oh!
You've gotta live every single day,
Like it's the only one, what if tomorrow never comes?
Don't let it slip away,
Could be our only one, you know it's only just begun.
Every single day,
Maybe our only one, what if tomorrow never comes?
Tomorrow never comes...


Time, is going by, so much faster than I,
And I'm starting to regret not telling all of this to you.
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know...


You're never gonna be alone
From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,
I won't let you fall.
When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on.
We're gonna see the world out,
I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.

I'm gonna be there always,
I won't be missing one more day,
I'm gonna be there always,
I won't be missing one more day. 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."-Deuteronomy 31:5, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment