Monday, April 18, 2011

BLESSED

So the today I read this article today about "How to know he's the one." (I was passing time in the library) And some of the things on the list were really silly like "does he write you love songs every week?" or "does he lay his coat on the ground for you to walk on?" But then other things were sweet and true like "does he make you feel happy?"

Also am I the only who finds asking him to lay his coat over a puddle for you to walk on a bit much? Numero One: I wouldn't want my guy to put his coat on the ground for me to walk across it would ruin his coat, and why couldn't I just walk around the puddle, and if he was just really set on being so "charming" he could just pick me and carry me across the puddle (which unless it is 6ft wide, I can step over). Number two: what kind of girl asks a guy to lay his coat over a puddle for her to walk on? 

So anyways that article got me thinking, I know my guy is the one but what are some of the reasons I know he is the one? It also led me to think of how blessed I am to have him in my life, and how happy he makes me. So I thought I would make a list of all the reasons I know he is the one....

My List of How to know He's the One:
He makes you laugh
He makes you blush
He holds your hand
He knows just how to make you smile
He calls you sweet names and no one else
He hugs you tight
He makes you feel safe
He tells you sweet things out of the blue
He gets you little things he knows you will like
He goes to your family events and smiles through it
He opens the car door for you
He pays but then will let you pay too
He lets you watch your "girlie" TV shows and pretends to watch
He likes your family (or at least pretends to)
He brings you closer to God
He makes you want to be a better person
He makes you feel good about yourself
He can make your heart skip a beat
He can make you really mad
He can look at you and you forget why you were mad
He treats you as an equal
He asks your opinion 
He is his own person
He is silly 
He is sweet
He is nice
He calls you beautiful not hott
He remembers the little things (even though you forget them sometimes)
He texts you just to say hi
He finds things he knows you will like and shares them with you
He waits to watch a movie or a TV show until you are with him

So that is just some of the things on my list of how I know my guy is the one. They are definitely not the only reasons, but they are the ones I thought of when I read that article. Just looking over that list, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have such a great guy. I am blessed beyond reason with him and I know God put my guy in my life for a reason, and I also know he made us for each other. He is the one, my special person, my other half, the PB to my J, the chicken to my waffle, the Michael to my Dwight...with him I am truly the luckiest. 

What makes you lucky? What makes you blessed? Do you have a person that makes you feel perfect? 
Do you know how blessed you are? Know that the Lord is with you and he blesses you in every aspect of your life. He has blessed each and every one of us, you just have to remember that you are blessed because the Lord your God is with you. He puts people in your life for certain reasons, he guides you and keeps you safe. He leads you down a great path. So look around, what has God blessed you with?

Psalm 121:7-8
The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment