Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Well today has been a very lovely day....which is weird because I have never called a day lovely, mainly because that is a weird word to describe a day, unless you are an English Gentleman. Anyway...my day....not only was it gorgeous outside, but today I woke up feeling so at peace today.

Last night I did a lot of praying and reading of my favorite passages...and it might sound awful but I had forgotten how much reading and praying can give you peace....but it's not just peace it is hope. Hope...that no matter what happens that I will always have God by my side...even if sometimes I feel so distant to him I have ways of connecting to him and I know it will all be okay.

Even as I am typing I can't help but smile and have tears of joy in my eyes. I have forgotten how good it felt to know His love for me...I had forgotten how much I need Him every single day...I had forgotten that no matter what happens, no matter if my greatest fears come true and I end up a lonely, old woman with 100 cats...I will still have the 
LOVE OF MY LORD!!! 

I thought at the beginning of this post I would be too embarrassed to share that I had fallen from my complete love with God, but I'm not. I am glad because I know I am not the only one that will go through this. It happens to everyone, and I hope that someone is encouraged by my thoughts...even if the only person encouraged is me. Now my "fall" might not be that far, and I don't think it was, but it was a fall no matter what. I was not as close to God as I had been in the past, and that is the point.

I want to keep this feeling and this closeness going no matter what...and it will take a lot of gusto! 
And gusto my friend comes in large supply in this small girl!  

 Deuteronomy 31:6 "The Lord YOUR God goes with you: He will never leave you nor forsake you."

No comments:

Post a Comment